Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Week 1 - Exercise 1.1 Analysis of Logos

Personally, i think nowadays people are so disconnected from family history it's difficult to 'feel' emotional about a family crest. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get my heraldic crests, i know they exist, i've seen them, but trying to talk old people through the process of scanning and emailing wasn't really a challenge I was up to facing. SO, i've found one on the net (not mine). So it seems you can get anything on a mug these days. I know that I should feel something for 'my' crest, there's lot of history and meaning in its creation, however i don't. The medieval look screams tradition, honour and valour. Blue signifies chastity, loyalty and fidelity. I'm a little unsure about the crosses on the shield...maybe some tie to religion? As for the tassels, gold could represent wealth and generosity. It's difficult to comment on a crest I know nothing about simply because I don't know the meaning behind it. Aesthetically it doesn't do a lot for me either. It's strange, i look at this and the only thing that comes to mind when I think of blue and white is Shelby cobras, kinda sad when you think about it.

No comments: